Chemical Engineering and Technology
（Discipline code：081301 Length of schooling：Four years Academic degree：Bachelor of Engineering）
The main education objectives of the major Chemical Engineering and Technology are to cultivate qualified personnel with advanced technology and engineering knowledge of chemistry to meet the requirement of modern chemical industry. In addition, they’ll have great improvement of all-round morality, intellectuality and physical fitness for their future professional development. They’ll receive engineering training on production of chemicals, materials, fuels, and pollution control, hence be able to contribute to chemical factories with design, construction, operation and management, and be capable of technology development and application research, etc.
Chemical engineers can specialize in production of chemicals, materials, fuels, and pollution control. They can move into other areas such as entrepreneurship and consulting. Another developing opportunity is in sales engineering. This involves the service and testing for various types of equipment in the industry.
The graduates should acquire the following knowledge and abilities.
(1) They will have steady foundation in chemistry, mechanics and automatic control, etc. They are able to use Chinese to read Chinese books and magazines of their own specialty and have some skills such as listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation, etc.
(2) They will grasp the basic theory and professional knowledge of engineering science required of their specialty. They will possess preliminary capability to use basic applied theory and knowledge to be engaged in the production of chemicals, materials, fuelsand pollution control, and to analyze and solve practical problems on chemicalengineering,and the potential for technological improvement, scientific development and applied research.
(3) They will have fairly good abilities for experiment test, calculation and expression, and master document retrieval and other methods to acquire scientific and technological information.
(4) They will have a better self-study and work adaptation capability, computer operation and application ability and innovative consciousness.
(5) They will have insight and ability to apply systematic engineering ideas and modern operational knowledge to production and organization management.
The curriculum provides basic studies in physics and mathematics; a major concentration in chemistry; education in management, economics and computer science; strong core in chemical engineering as well as courses in electrical and mechanical engineering. Meanwhile, they will master certain foreign languages and basic experimental skills, get the initial training in application of basic research, applied research, technology development and engineering. Specific course selection on special fields of chemical engineering science based on the knowledge of natural science allows students to meet individual areas of interest. Graduates will have a good scientific and cultural quality to meet the needs of high-tech development. They will also have good ability to update knowledge and broader adaptability in science and technology.
3.Main subjects and degree courses
Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Functional Polymer, Instrumental Analysis, Chemical Experiments, Chemical Technology, Chemical Safety Engineering, Principles of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Equipment, Chemistry of Fine Chemical Production, Chemical Engineering Instrument & Automation, Oil Refinery Technology, Introduction to Environment Engineering, etc.
Applicants with bachelor degree in chemical engineering enjoy an advantage when proceeding further study and applying for a master degree in the leading technological areas such as polymer material, environmental protection, energy engineering, petroleum processing, fertilizer industry, etc. One third of the undergraduates can be admitted to master degree program. Those who have excellent performance during undergraduate study can excuse from examination and directly go on postgraduate study.
Curriculum of Chemical Engineering and Technology
There are two groups of courses: compulsory and optional. They may be theoretic, experimental or practice.
Here is compulsory courses’ list according to the order of the semester. The elective credits in every semester are also proposed. The professional elective courses are also listed following the compulsory.
1st School Year, Autumn Term, Semester 1
Total Class Time
Morality & Law
Fundamentals of Computer Culture
Essential Foreign Language（4-1）
Inorganic & Analytical Chemistry